Do you use Canva? We are huge Canva fans and after using the online graphic design program since 2014, thought we would share some ideas on how you can use it in your allied health practice.
If you have not used Canva before, you can sign up for free at Canva.com and access an enormous range of ready-made templates, images and design tools to give that professional edge to your business social media posts, practice marketing material, presentations, and website. There are many elements you can access for free, and premium elements cost just $1 or so each.
Canva is very user-friendly and enables you to download your work in PDF, PNG or JPG formats.
How can Canva help you in your practice? Here are 12 ideas:
- Create a cover image for your practice social media pages
- Create a graphic to post on social media
- Create an invitation for a practice event
- Create an A4 information flyer for your practice
- Create a graphic to use on your website
- Create presentation slides for a practice information night, or scrolling TV display
- Create frames to use in a practice video (then use a program like Microsoft Movie Maker to create your video!)
- Create a practice information booklet
- Create a practice email header (for use in MailChimp) or a snazzy email footer for staff emails.
- Create a sign or poster for your practice wall (e.g., something decorative/inspirational or informational - like reminding clients of mobile phone use while in therapy). We have created posters up to A0 size in Canva and they have printed beautifully.
- Create a business card
- Create thank you cards for your referrers
Once you have created your design, you can save it to your computer and use online, or organise to have it printed. We have used several printing services, depending on the job (e.g., a local commercial printer, Officeworks or Vistaprint). Canva has also recently introduced their own print order option.
If you have any questions about using Canva in your allied health practice - please feel free to get in touch with us.
Have a great week!